Time in Japan

Monday, September 15, 2008

Blast from the Past

I went on a trip today, which I'll blog about later. On the way back, I saw some Girl Scouts on the train. Back when I was a kid, I was a Girl Scout. Among the neat things I got to do were camping and going to a horseback riding camp. I think my fondness for hiking came from all the camping I did.

Anyway, there was either a senior scout or the leader and two high school aged girls, in their uniforms. So I asked if I could take their picture, and said that I had been a scout when I was a kid. They agreed. Later, when the girls were getting off the train, they gave me a scout pin and bandanna! Cool! Thanks to the young ladies from Troop 14 -- these will be among my favorite souvenirs of my trip.

A very belated thanks to my parents who were scout leaders. Because both my parents were involved in scouting, I got to go camping with both the Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts. Plus we went camping as a family. What fun!


No comments: