Time in Japan

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Another Sakura Update


I have only 2 school days left.  I gave my last presentation today. I can discuss pow-wows in Japanese, which is a skill that looks good on any resume. There is also a small group of Japanese who now have a craving for fry bread.

Cherry blossoms are blooming late this year, because of course they are.  I wonder out loud if I'll get to see them before I leave.  I usually get a "Maybe"sort of response, which really means "Maybe if you're really lucky and have awesome karma".  But I'm not getting the "It's difficult" response, which translates to "No way in hell".  So, that 's  good.

At the pond, there are some blooms.  Here are some pictures I took this morning.  My plan is to head up to Okazaki Park, where the castle is, after graduation on Thursday.  Yes, I have to give a speech at graduation.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen, you have good Karma.

Me said...

Something is going right for me, and I'm grateful to have been able to take this trip.