Time in Japan

Monday, August 25, 2008

Leaving Okazaki

I had a wonderful time this weekend, but don't have the time now to blog about it properly. I'll do it in a few days, I promise!

I've spent this morning working on leaving Okazaki. It's not very easy, besides the fact that I'd rather stay. I have a large suitcase and 3 boxes to send back to my apartment. The takkyubin service is very convenient for doing this. There is a convenience store by the station that will take packages to be sent by Kuro Neko (Yamato Transport).

BUT, when I called them I was told that they open at 9. My train is leaving at 10:28 and I have to drop my key off at the school, so I wanted them to come by 10. I was told, "Chotto...". Literally it means "(It's) a little (inconvenient/difficult)." But what it really means is, "No."

OK, fine. I'll pay a cab to come get my stuff to the conbini. The teacher I was with this weekend called the cab company to request a cab to come at 9 am. No, Yamamoto House is too close to where I want to go. They won't come.

FINE. So, I carried my stuff one box/suitcase at a time. Of course, today it rained. I got the last box there before 9, since that's when the truck comes for the next pickup and I want all my stuff to stay together. As I'm coming back to Yamamoto House, what do I see parked there? A taxi!

Grr.

So, I asked the driver who he was there for. It was me. I told him that the company had told me they wouldn't send anyone and I didn't need him. Of course, had I waited and hope for a cab, there would have been none....

No comments: