Time in Japan

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

You meet the nicest people

The nicest thing happened last evening.

I was working on putting the pictures from my Osaka trip on CD's. I need to rename each, because when they are saved, the date they were taken is lost. So I include it in the new name. And I took a lot of pictures.

At one point, my stomach growled, and I thought, "I'll finish these next few, then fix dinner."

Before I could do that, my doorbell rang. It was a woman that I had met with hot soup and a rice dish for me to eat!! She couldn't stick around, but had come over to give me some food! And it was really good, too. There were fresh bamboo sprouts in the rice dish. The canned variety that we get is an entirely different thing.

I spent last Sunday afternoonwith her, and the picture is from a temple we visited.

No comments: